[TriLUG] Books for learning Python

Stephanie Watson stef at foresightlinux.org
Tue Apr 7 12:32:24 EDT 2009

On the contrary, DiveIntoPython.org is geared toward those already familiar
with programming, but need an introduction to concepts they may not be
familiar with.  I would certainly never give it to someone who did not have
some programming background already.

As a C++ programmer, I skipped the portions explaining object oriented
languages, but concentrated on the sections covering the concepts of a
loosely-typed language.  It was certainly better than grabbing a pocket
reference and not having that understanding of loosely-typed variables.

If you are a programmer, and you are not comfortable with either
object-oriented programming or loosely-typed languages, definitely reference
DiveIntoPython.org for help when getting started with Python.

-Stef

--
Stephanie Watson
Raleigh, North Carolina