[TriLUG] OT: Job (was Fwd: Linux Admin Position)

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:20:27 EDT 2009

Linux sysadmin job in Nashville, TN.  If interested, reply to me,
Katy,  or both; additionally you can reply to Katy and list me as a
referral.

Matt Frye

Position Title:       Linux Administrator

*Job Description: We are looking for a Linux Administrator that is
very comfortable supporting Redhat Linux Servers and handling targeted
operations in a data center.  This person will be heavily involved in
building the servers initially and then tend to the “care and feeding”
of these servers.  So, this person must be very comfortable with Unix/
Linux Server Deployment and Management.  Technically, this environment
is calling for core Redhat skills (specifically version 5). Any
exposure to Apache 1&2, MySql or Oracle Skills, Xen or VmWare
virtualization experience would all be great to have, but are not
essential.  Any UNIX/Linux systems scripting skills would be a big
bonus as well (especially Perl or Bash).  Basic Cisco Networking
skills would be great to have, but is not essential.  This Person must
be very customer-focused, have a true talent at troubleshooting, and
be very resourceful.  The successful candidate will be joining a team
of 3 that shares in all of these responsibilities for a Healthcare
software company.

Must Haves:

Redhat Server Administration Skills

Desired Skills:

Apache 1&2
MySql or Oracle
Xen or VMware
UNIX/ Linux scripting
Basic Cisco Networking skills

Katy Lucas - Technical Recruiter | Brooksource
People.Technology.Success | Direct: 615-292-7537 | Main: 615-292-7538