[TriLUG] Web Ninja(Developer) Job near RDU

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Thu Apr 16 08:21:02 EDT 2009

I agree with you that the OP was pretty bad in terms of grammar and what
they were looking for from a qualification perspective.  I appreciate Mr.
Cox's perspective, although it probably should have been worded better.
On the other hand, a company aimed at promoting Jesus should be plenty of
warning for someone who isn't going to be on board with the company's
stated religious philosophy.  As an example, a friend of mine refused to
interview with a similar company because he couldn't, in good conscience,
follow the corporate directive and put "In His service" at the bottom of
his emails.

Furthermore, even among Christian adherents, there are differences of
opinion.  I suspect that a devout Catholic would not feel comfortable with
that company's brand of Christianity, nor vice versa.

Nevertheless, none of this is a reason to brand religious people,
organized or otherwise, as weak.  There have been a many strong people who
have believed very strongly in the organized religion they belonged to
(Mother Theresa, for example).  I would argue that it takes a very, very
strong person to live their religion to the highest of its ideals.  Try
not to label the convenient churchgoer as the standard.

William Sutton