[TriLUG] Web Ninja(Developer) Job near RDU

Lee Fickenscher elfick at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:40:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Christopher L Merrill <
chris at webperformance.com> wrote:

> A company aimed at promoting Jesus should warmly welcome people
> of all faiths.  At least, that's what they taught me in the Catholic
> schools.

We definitely went to different Catholic schools.
When I was in Catholic school they taught us that if you weren't Catholic
you were going to hell.
(This is not my belief/opinion on either Catholicism or other religions, but
merely an honest recollection from long ago)

I didn't see anything about Jesus, God, etc... in the actual bulleted
wishlist.
The actual wishlist was mostly technical (minus the brownie point section,
but I don't think there is actual sports and/or coffee discrimination going
on here).
The mention of Jesus was in the preamble and thus IMHO more of a "hey, this
is what we do so if you have a problem with it this probably isn't the job
for you".
Fair warning as far as I'm concerned. I'm "non-religious" and I didn't take
offense to this post nor did I feel like if I was otherwise qualified I
would be discriminated against for not being religious. I would even gladly
accept this job as long as I didn't feel I was having religion shoved down
my throat.
-Lee