[TriLUG] Web Ninja(Developer) Job near RDU

Paul McLanahan pmclanahan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:59:18 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Lee Fickenscher <elfick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fair warning as far as I'm concerned. I'm "non-religious" and I didn't take
> offense to this post nor did I feel like if I was otherwise qualified I
> would be discriminated against for not being religious. I would even gladly
> accept this job as long as I didn't feel I was having religion shoved down
> my throat.

I understand your position, but respectfully disagree. As a web
developer, and one qualified on every point (including twitter), and
one who would have applied were it not for the "Big J" warning, I
honestly do feel that I would be discriminated against there and will
not be applying. I'm not utterly offended as I don't believe that it
would be company policy or an organized effort, but my experience with
this type of organization (and by that I mean passionate about a
single subject, not just religious), is that you need to be on board,
or you will be very lonely and ineffective. I really wish the job was
at a different place though, it sounds perfect for me otherwise.

Paul

--
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an
unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of