[TriLUG] Medsphere and Open Source

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Fri Apr 17 18:34:29 EDT 2009

Gang:

In an effort to lighten the list a little, I went off on Medsphere on
my blog today:

http://blogs.opennms.org/?p=814

Medsphere is a company founded by two brothers to provide open source
medical software. They raised investment capital, developed some code,
put it on Sourceforge and were promptly sued by their investors for US
$50 million. Needless to say, they are not involved with Medsphere
anymore.

Medsphere is still around, so I have a personal goal to make sure no
one forgets what they did.

Now back to your regularly scheduled flame war.

-T
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C