[TriLUG] Your State of Practice for Backups?

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Apr 18 15:55:55 EDT 2009

> I had to trick rsnapshot a bit by putting another uid 0 user on some
> of my boxes that I wanted to do full system backups.

On my systems that are backed up using backuppc, I set up a normal user
called 'backuppc' that has the server's key in it's .ssh/authorized_keys
file. And then I add one line to the client's sudoers file:

backuppc ALL = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync

I feel a little better about that, than creating a second uid=0 user.

Alan

.