[TriLUG] phpBB and spam FW: Activate user account

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Apr 29 12:45:54 EDT 2009

As some of you may know, I had a calling, became ordained and started a congregation on the internet:

http://www.internetcongregation.org

Unfortunately, I receive fake user account activation with links to pr0n sites and had rather folks use their own web sites for that type of activity. Mine is for discussing God and love.

Even with the CAPTCHA thingie, I can not figure out a way to prevent these bots from trying to become a member of the forum.

Does anybody have a secret sauce they use to handle the situation, or is it just the nature of the beast?

Regards,

Rev. Jim