[TriLUG] Saturday May 2 - Global Linux Conference via VOIP - BerkeleyTIP - 21 Videos - For forwarding

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:06:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:27 AM, john_re <john_re at fastmail.us> wrote:
> Man, SC elections!   10 USA LUGs on am I, and this is the first
> elections I think I've seen.  The tension is palpable.  & still no
> candidate platforms!  Hmm.  The only change I see is a location change
> for the PM's. ;)
>
> Ok, I'll vote for someone who wants to set up a local meeting time
> simultaneous with the Global Linux meeting.  ;)  Or, who wants to supply
> soft drinks & pizza out here to Berkeley.  ;)

Unfortunately, to vote you must be a registered TriLUG member before this
month's election (in other words, you must have joined at the last meeting
or before) *and* you must be at the meeting to vote.  There are no proxy
votes.  Winners are those that get a simple majority of the voters present.

That said, I agree that it would be great to see candidate bios.  Looking at
http://trilug.org/wiki/Steering_Committee_2009-2010_Nominations it appears
we have 7 candidates (although, I've heard rumors of at least one possibly
withdrawing).  I'm sure at least the ones that are running for reelection could
post their bios from previous years.  How about the rest?  Anyone who posts
their bio, I'll add it to that wiki page for you. :-) (or you could
add it yourself,
it is a wiki after all!).

Two weeks to go.  It's definitely time to see bios so people can start
discussing
things.  (And, if anyone has more nominations, make them too!)

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace
(not on the SC anymore, but interested in the future of the LUG)

--
Tanner Lovelace
http://wtl.wayfarer.org/