[TriLUG] stump speech

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Apr 30 18:42:54 EDT 2009

I believe that I have TOTALLY lived up to this campaign promise from 2008.
http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20080303/053394.html

And thanks to Dave Sorenson (a.k.a. Comic Book Guy) for his endorsement.

Alan

[from Mar 5, 2008]

Reminder... nominations for the TriLUG steering committee are
due this week.

I would like to announce my intention to run for SC.  I am a
long-time Linux user, a regular meeting attendee, a helpful
contributor to the mailing list, and a lurking smartass on IRC.
Most importantly, I am gullible enough to volunteer.

I owe a lot to the LUG, since I use Linux for fun and for
profit.  Along the way, I've learned a lot from the meetings
and from LUG members.  And I've tried to repay that debt by
hawking my dubious advice back to the crowd.

Your vote will secure my role as pizza delivery boy, scapegoat
when the servers release smoke, and general floormat when the
membership goes into their perennial tizzy.  In return, I hope
we can arrange some cool programs that entertain and inspire.

Alan Porter

--

.