[TriLUG] online LUN expansion trouble

Shawn Hood shawnlhood at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:22:49 EDT 2009

I've got an Apple XServe RAID (XRAID) that had two RAID sets served
via FC fabric to a few servers.  I deleted one of the RAID sets and
added those drives to the other RAID set (dynamic LUN expansion).  The
XRAID reports that the expansion was successful.  Unfortunately, after
rebooting the XRAID and the server, the server is still seeing the old
geometry -- which means I cannot use the additional space I was trying
to gain.

I've tried a combination of remove
remove-single-device/add-single-device, reboots, driver reloading,
etc. to no avail.  Any ideas?

--
Shawn Hood
910.670.1819 m