[TriLUG] [OT] What's the value of IT?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Fri May 8 02:24:11 EDT 2009

What, exactly, are you looking for?  The ability of IT to provide
information support services to help a company be more efficient?  The
actual IT services businesses implement to accomplish their goals?  The
(in)efficiencies involved in IT work?  The relative quality of the IT
personell or equipment used in a business?  The managerial practices that
help or hinder the IT support?  The effects of open processes versus
closed processes (or software, systems, etc.)?  There is an awful lot of
material you could cover (and some of it has been covered in one form or
other, such as design patterns, Brooks, Blunden, etc.).

I'm inclined to provide thoughts/material for name credit only.

William Sutton