[TriLUG] [OT] What's the value of IT?

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Thu May 14 06:53:32 EDT 2009

OpenSource leveled the playing field. It used to take millions to
write an insurance company software but now can be done for ~1M or
less. Of course, most states are still sinking money into the
incumbents. This is really a revolution in the style of the Over
Mountain Men and the American Revolution.

I'm sure 0% of small business owners realize what has happened or how
to leverage this. Its like the 3d solid modeler, the Internet, or the
smartphones. Just too great a leap forward for businesses to realize
how to profit from it.

TimJowers