[TriLUG] [OT] What's the value of IT?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Thu May 14 11:58:18 EDT 2009

While I appreciate your PoV as a small business owner, my perspective as
an employee of both small and large businesses is that very often the
owners don't actually understand what it takes to make their business
work.  To paraphrase a friend of mine, "It's amazing they got as far as
they did considering the amount of planning involved".  On the other hand,
telling them their business model is flawed doesn't go over well, either
as an employee, or as a potential support contractor.  It only seems to
work if they're willing to hire a consultant to come in and tell them they
have a problem.

William Sutton