[TriLUG] [OT] Thumbs down and a BOOO to M$ and Asus -- IMO

Paul McLanahan pmclanahan at gmail.com
Thu May 28 12:35:17 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Sean Leinart <sleinart at fscarolina.com> wrote:
> Posted on /. earlier today
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/28/0321251

After reading through the comments, I'm not sure this isn't a
hack/troll job. The only place from which this "itsbetterwithwindows"
site is linked is one page on the Asus UK site. The domain itself was
regestered by an individual in Washington state through Godaddy. Plus,
the site is obviously not up to either company's standards as far as
their web presence is concerned. I think some dude created the site,
convinced/paid some other dude at Asus UK to add the link, and then
1st dude is watching the carnage laughing.

I call shenanigans!!

/me goes to get my broom

Paul

--
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an
unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of