[TriLUG] [OT] Thumbs down and a BOOO to M$ and Asus -- IMO

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Fri May 29 09:55:59 EDT 2009

The whole thing is BS and does not seem to be really Asus

The site that links to this page is a fake too
http://www.asus.co.uk/eeepc/1000HE/

Try going to any other page and it redirects to asus.com.

whois info

Also its registered to "Asustek Computer Inc", an individual and looks
nothing like asus.com whois info:

    Domain name:
        asus.co.uk

    Registrant:
        Asustek Computer Inc

    Trading as:
        Asus

    Registrant type:
        UK Individual

    Registrant's address:
        The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
        address omitted from the WHOIS service.

    Registrar:
        1 & 1 Internet AG [Tag = SCHLUND]

Asus.com:

Registrant:
Asus Computer International
   800 Corporate Way
   Fremont, CA 94539
   US

   Domain Name: ASUS.COM

   Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
   Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.
   Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
      Yao, Charles		charles_yao at asus.com
      Asus Computer International
      800 Corporate Way
      Fremont, CA 94539
      US
      (510) 608-4527 fax: 999 999 9999

   Record expires on 24-Oct-2011.
   Record created on 25-Oct-1995.
   Database last updated on 29-May-2009 09:32:23 EDT.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   DNS3.ASUS.COM                211.72.249.201
   DNS7.ASUS.COM                213.61.92.192