[TriLUG] OT: WAY WAY OT: exchange 2003 issue

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 10:31:07 EDT 2009

Hi folks, sorry, yes, WAY WAY OT, but I know there are a LOT of people
on this list who also deal with windows...

So, we added a 2nd Exchange 2003 std. server to our organization.
installation seems to be fine, the 2 servers are members in the route
group, our first one being the master.  If I move a mailbox from the
1st to the 2nd server, it can no longer receive messages, they sit in
the SMTP queue on the 1st.  If I telnet from the 1st to the 2nd on
port 25 and address a test email using the SMTP email address of a
mailbox I moved, it succeeds immediately.  Exchange to Exchange
internal messages aren't flowing either, presumably b/c they aren't
going across the SMTP which they should being in the same route group.
 I have googled and googled and googled for the answer and can't find
anything!  We do need to migrate some mailboxes to the 2nd server, but
we can't if they are unable to receive messages.  Outbound is fine.

thanks,
David