[TriLUG] Time Warner Cable is changing its TOS for tiered service again.

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Mon Jun 1 11:46:37 EDT 2009

Hahahahahahah

+1 for that suggestion!

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Hunter
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 11:20 AM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group General Discussion
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Time Warner Cable is changing its TOS for tiered service again.

At 10:58am -0400 on Mon, 01 Jun 2009, OlsonE wrote:
> I was just reading this ...and waving my fist in the air angrily!
> Looks like it's time to start re-downloading the Ubuntu iso over
> and over and over again.... grrrr

:-)  Do it via bittorrent, to a ramdisk, and a cronjob to either shred
the contents or remove the file outright.

Benefits:

 - ramdisk - saves your disk from repeated access
 - bittorrent - net friendly for canonical's bandwidth

"Nothing like stooping ..."  How's that saying go?  Let the crime fit
the punishment?  Heh.  Someone should update Rodgers and Hammerstein ...

Cheers,

Kevin