[TriLUG] triangle open source lab web site

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jun 2 13:10:04 EDT 2009

I do a similar thing with the Linux subsite of Troubleshooters.Com:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/index.htm

The benefit of this web page is the user can use it either by "drilling down"
or by searching. Because all but the leaf links are same-page, they are
instantaneous, which in my opinion eliminates the necessity and relevence of
the "three click rule."

The "source code" for this page is kept in a VimOutliner outline, thereby
guaranteeing it will be hierarchical, and making my job as webmaster
incredibly easy.

I'm thinking of handling other large subsites like this, and maybe even making
the main page like this, in which case the top level might be four items:

* Products
* Advice
* Misc
* New at Troubleshooters.Com

I don't know though -- I've gotten quite a bit of good feedback on our
existing main page (http://www.troubleshooters.com/).

SteveT