[TriLUG] Turning an old laptop into an e-book reader

Jason Evans jason.s.evans at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:58:28 EDT 2009

So, I really want a Kindle, but I can't afford $$$ to buy one.  So,
here's what I'm looking for; a basic Linux distro that can read
multiple e-book formats and display them on the screen in a nice easy
to read format that can go on an older laptop, say my old P3 Thinkpad.
 There are a few e-book readers out there for Linux, and lots of pdf
readers, but most are terribly lacking.  The best one is Calibre
(http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net), but it's build in e-book reader leave
a lot to be desired when it comes to text formatting.  Does anyone
here know of any e-book projects to do just that?  Yes, I've searched
sourceforge and google and no luck do far.

Best Regards,

Jason