[TriLUG] OT-JOB: Job opening at Progress Software / DataDirect in Morrisville, NC

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Wed Jun 3 16:03:43 EDT 2009

Hi Gang,

A member of my team is resigning at the end of this month, and we've
been approved to back-fill the position.  The job title is "Level 1
Support Engineer," but don't let that fool you; it's a very
technically-challenging position (not at all the sort of trained-monkey
idea that "Level 1" tends to conjure).  Job responsibilities include:

* Interface with outside customers
* Troubleshoot customer issues
* File defects with development
* Add knowledge to knowledge-base and wiki resources

Skills required:
* Experience in C, C#, and/or Java (writing / debugging repro code is
part of the job)
* Experience with data access concepts, particularly in the area of
ODBC, JDBC, and .NET Data Providers
* Aptitude for learning new technologies
* Ability to put forth a positive attitude when dealing with potentially
"difficult" customers

Skills that would be a big help:
* Experience with single-sign-on mechanisms like Kerberos and/or NTLM
* DBA experience with one or more of DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle.
* Experience with SSL configuration including keystore/truststore
management
* Experience with XML and XQuery

Please respond directly to me off-list.

Cheers,
~Brian

Brian A. Henning
   DataDirect
Support Engineer
  888-332-6797
Find answers in our new knowledgebase:
http://knowledgebase.datadirect.com

Download patches and manage support cases online:
http://www.datadirect.com/support/troubleshooting/reportacase/index.ssp