[TriLUG] OT: Joomla! user grouping?

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Tue Jun 16 11:17:46 EDT 2009

Hi Gang,

I know I've heard some folks talk about Joomla! on here so I figured I'd
give this question a shot:

Does Joomla! provide, or is anyone aware of a good plugin that provides,
the ability to further segment users into groups?  Right now all I see
are "registered", "author", "editor" and "publisher".  I would like a
way to break those into groups, so I'd have readers, authors, editors,
and publishers for Group A, and readers, authors, editors, publishers,
for Group B, etc.  That way Group A could control whether members of
Group B could read Group A's articles, for example.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch,
~Brian

Brian A. Henning
   DataDirect
Support Engineer
  888-332-6797
Find answers in our new knowledgebase:
http://knowledgebase.datadirect.com

Download patches and manage support cases online:
http://www.datadirect.com/support/troubleshooting/reportacase/index.ssp