[TriLUG] OT: DTV Channel Guide

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:24:54 EDT 2009

Jeffery Painter wrote:
> unrelated, but has anyone else lost ABC 11? It comes up in the scan but
> the signal is so weak now, we can't get solid reception no matter how I
> move the antenna. It was working fine prior to the June 12 switch

WTVD and some other ABC stations nationwide opted to buck the trend and
stay on VHF. This means the UHF antennas that 99% of folks are using
will not work for ABC. I don't know which genius at ABC decided this was
a smart move but he or she is probably looking for work now.

As to the original question, TV Guide has a nice site that will let you
view schedules. Also, if you have a MythTV server you can view a great
program listing webpage through the MythWeb interface.

Myth downloads its schedules from SchedulesDirect
(www.schedulesdirect.com), which in turn gets it from Tribune Media
Services. Back in November there was mention on SD's website that they
may offer TV listings on the web. So far nothing's come of it that I can
find.

Cheers,
--
Mark Turner