[TriLUG] OT: the optimum location for inner track/cylinder on rotating media?

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:15:55 EDT 2009

Joseph,

I believe you're looking at it from an optimal bits per track point of view
... the optimal track may not be the inner track if total storage capacity
is brought into play. I'd much rather have 80gb of storage on a media that
is sub-optimal rather than 60gb optimal (#'s picked from air / not intended
to specify specific example).