[TriLUG] rPath Hiring

Elliot Peele elliot at rpath.com
Wed Aug 26 11:01:35 EDT 2009

rPath is hiring for several positions.

* Linux Distribution Engineer
* Quality Assurance Engineer
* 2 User Interface Engineers
* Windows Installation Engineer

If you are interested please send me a copy of your resume.

Elliot

Detailed descriptions:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Distribution Engineer

rPath, Inc. is seeking a Distribution Engineer to join our team. We're
changing the face of computing; for that we need your help.

We're looking for an engineer to join our distro team and help us take our
best-of-breed technologies and apply them to some of the world's most
popular Linux distributions. This position is located in Raleigh, NC - if
you're not local, you must be willing to relocate.

This position may require infrequent travel. Still interested? You'll need
to be able to say "yes" to the following:

    o Strong OS-level skills; demonstrated either by participating in a
      Linux distribution as a developer (whether as a community member or
      vendor representative) or by system administration in an environment
      that is heavily based on building from source and packaging.

    o Experience developing Open Source software, especially participating
      in teams developing Open Source software and providing patches to
      other existing Open Source project teams.

    o Strong C and shell scripting skills, with Python experience a big
      plus.

    o Demonstrated knowledge of Linux packaging technologies.

    o Self-motivated and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
      (prior startup experience a plus).

In other words, if your boot selection menu reads like a DistroWatch post,
you could be right for this job.

Did we just describe you? If so, let's talk! If you make the grade, you'll
be working with some of the best and brightest the industry has to offer.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Quality Assurance Engineer

rPath, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. We're
changing the face of computing; for that we need your help.

We're looking for an engineer to join our QA team and help us build out our
automated test environment. This position is located in Raleigh, NC - if
you're not local, you must be willing to relocate.

This position may require infrequent travel. Still interested? You'll need
to be able to say "yes" to the following:

    o Experience writing automated tests using tools like Cogitek's
      RIATest, HP's QuickTest Professional, Borland's SilkTest,
      SilkPerformer, etc.

    o Experience scripting in shell, Ruby, or Python required (Power users
      that like to test by hand need not apply).

    o Obsessive attention to detail.

    o Self-motivated and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
      (prior startup experience a plus).

In other words, if a good day at work means you've built a robot army
dedicated to beating on poor, defenseless software, you could be right for
this job.

Did we just describe you? If so, let's talk! If you make the grade, you'll
be working with some of the best and brightest the industry has to offer.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

User Interface Engineers (X2)

rPath, Inc. is seeking two User Interface Engineers to join our team. We're
changing the face of computing; for that we need your help.

We're looking for two engineers to join our UI team and help us give our
best-of-breed technologies best-in-class user experiences with gorgeous
visuals.  Ideally, we'd like one person with experiences emphasizing UX and
visual design, and one person heavy on UI implementation, but if you have
skills in either/both areas, fear not -- we'll make the position fit the
right candidates, so apply now!

These positions are located in Raleigh, NC - if you're not local, you must
be willing to relocate.

These positions may require infrequent travel. Still interested? You'll
need to be able to say "yes" to the following:

    o Solid experience with Adobe Flex preferred, but a strong ActionScript
      3 or Javascript background would be acceptable, too.

    o Experience with HTML/AJAX.

    o Good "design skills" -- being able to produce appealing and
      intuitive interfaces is a big plus.

    o Availability of online examples preferred.

    o Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment (prior startup
      experience a plus).

In other words, if you're the kind of person that looks at your cellphone's
screen and says, "I could do better" -- *and you can* -- you could right
for this job.

Did we just describe you? If so, let's talk! If you make the grade, you'll
be working with some of the best and brightest the industry has to offer.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Windows Installation Engineer

rPath, Inc. is seeking a Windows Installation Engineer to join our
team. We're changing the face of computing; for that we need your help.

We're looking for an engineer to join our team and help us take our
best-of-breed technologies and bring them to Windows. This position is
located in Raleigh, NC - if you're not local, you must be willing to
relocate.

This position may require infrequent travel. Still interested? You'll need
to be able to say "yes" to the following:

    o Proven knowledge of APIs related to install-time tasks (DLL and
      registry manipulation, for example).

    o Experience with existing installers,  especially Windows Installer.

    o Understanding of Microsoft structured file internals, especially .msi
      files, would be a plus.

    o Experience creating installers from scratch a big plus.

    o Ideally, some Linux experience.

    o Self-motivated and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
      (prior startup experience a plus).

In other words, if you are someone who parses "WiX" as "Windows Installer
XML" rather than a flash web site building tool, you could be right for

--
Elliot Peele
rPath, Inc.
elliot at rpath.com