[TriLUG] Looking for Embeddable Redhat-based Distro

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 1 10:44:36 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I'm working on a project that needs to create a small appliance that
runs a stripped down kernel based on redhat, i.e. RHEL, CentOS, or
Fedora.  Yes, I know enterprise != stripped down, but we need to satisfy
our customer's various requirements.

Does anyone know of a project that pares down one of these distributions
so that it loads more quickly, and is less demanding on system resources?

It also needs to be configurable so that we can include the services and
library support our project needs, but that seems to be a given for most
of the downsized Linux projects I've seen.

Thanks much,

Scott C.