[TriLUG] selinux vs.gitosis vs. apache

Robert Dale robdale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:31:34 EDT 2009

Looks like if I use the FC11 expected install paths everything should
work...
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:/var/lib/git(/.*)?
system_u:object_r:httpd_git_content_t:s0
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:/var/lib/gitosis(/.*)?
system_u:object_r:gitosis_var_lib_t:s0

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Matt Pusateri
<mpusateri at wickedtrails.com>wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:21 AM, John Broome wrote:
>

>> Matt Pusateri wrote:
>>
>>> How many of us that are reading this are thinking, "Just turn selinux
>>> off" ?
>>>

>> It's the first thing i do when i bring up a centos machine.
>> --
>>

> And if your really feel like at some point you'll have time and chickens to
> sacrifice to selinux, you could put it in permissive mode(instead of
> enforcing), then you'd have the logs to troubleshoot later.  But at least
> get on with life right now.
>

> Matt P.

Robert Dale