[TriLUG] interoperability: 802.11g and n

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:15:44 EDT 2009

802.11n can run in either the 5ghz band (backwards compatible with 802.11a,
if you want it that way) or it can run in the more crowded 2.4 Ghz band and
can be backwards compatible with 802.11g/b.

I have an Apple Time Capsule with dual-band radios - one is used for 2.4 Ghz
"regular" 802.11b/g while the other radio is 802.11n over 5Ghz.