[TriLUG] Netflix and Roku - quality

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 11:53:59 EDT 2009

Greetings all,

Recently, we had a discussion about the Roku player streaming Netflix
videos.  Can someone comment about the quality of video streaming on
this device? I tried the PlayOn utility for an XP machine and the
quality of streaming Netflix videos was horrible (blocky, jerky, sound
distorted).  I have Time Warner cable with fast download/upload
speeds, so I don't think the broadband link is an issue.

I have a TV room with a JVC High-Def (1900x1200) projector I would
like to use with the Roku player.

Thanks for any advice,

-Ron