[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 869, Issue 1

Justin xjparkerx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:35:01 EDT 2009

I'm pretty sure just about all of AMD's Athlon 64 bit proc's have AMD-V
if that's what you mean by virtualization extensions. At least according
to the x86 Virtulization wikipedia entry. And I'm almost positive I've
seen a few pdf's that state that any AMD 64 bit proc. post 2700 series
has the AMD-V extensions. However, some mboard manufacturers disabled it
within the bios by default or didn't even add a bios menu item to toggle
the setting. Chances are you've got it you might not be able to mess
with it. Bios update maybe?

Justin