[TriLUG] OT: Job Posting (windows server 2003/2008/vmware/citrix)

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:27:08 EDT 2009

A job posting isn't OT, but the requirements are for this list. I figure
money is money and if someone on here has the skills listed above then
hopefully this gig is for them.

Send me a message (off list!) if you need the contact info of the
recruiter.  I don't know any more about this posting other than what's
below.

==
begin paste
==

Our Client is seeking a Windows Admin to assist their team with their
Desktop Virtualization project. They are rolling out virtual desktops
over the next 24 months to all of their 22k users globally. Their
current team consists of 2 Strong Citrix Administrators (1 in RTP and 1
in Dublin), 2 Citrix Admins in India, and 2 Win Admins with minimal
experience in Citrix.

They are seeing a Window Admin with general administration and
maintenance in the Win 2003 and 2008 environment. Any experience with
Virtualization (VMware) and Citrix is a plus.  They will be interacting
with end users for any issues that occur, so communication will be a key
necessity as well. They will be working 1st shift and 1 weekend on call
a month. Most of the night coverage will be covered by the team in India.

Today, they have roughly 600 virtual desktop users testing this and
would like to grow to 12k in one year and by year 2 this be pushed out
to all 22k users globally.

==
end paste
==