[TriLUG] Web-based note taking application - similar to KeepNote

Ronald Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:34:51 EST 2009

<Hopefully this does not get posted under an existing email - sorry
for the double-post)

Greetings all.

I am looking for a web-based note taking application to install on my
CentOS server - something similar to KeepNote but web-based.
Normally, I would use a Wiki, but I find they don't lend themselves to
hierarchical data presentation and the data is not easily portable
between machines (in case my server dies/crashes).  KeepNote allows me
to export my notebook as html, but I really need to use a DB server so
I can access the data from any location.

I have seen a ton of online note-taking apps (EverNote, Springboard,
etc) but I want to host the DB myself (sensitive data).

Thanks for any pointers,

-Ron