[TriLUG] OT: Help in finding companies hiring new Comp Sci Grads

Dan Weber dan.b.weber at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:36:22 EST 2009

I am currently a student at the University of Utah and will be graduating in
May with a BS in Computer Science.  I am looking for a position in the
computer science field in the Raleigh Durham area.  As my family and I are
not currently living in the area I am finding it difficult to find companies
in the area that are hiring.  When searching for summer internships over the
past couple of years I have found that one of the biggest hurdles was being
able to find a company looking to hire interns with a limited skill set.  I
feel it is safe to assume that this issue will also come up while looking
for a full time, permanent, software development position.

I am hoping that there is someone out there that will be able to point me in
a direction as far as companies in the RDU area that are looking to hire new
CS graduates this upcoming May.  I am going to be out there the week of
February 3rd for the NCSU career fair, in order to help me find a position.
That is part of why I am asking for assistance now.  I am hoping to try to
set up face to face meetings with my potential employers, rather than having
my interaction be all over the phone

Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

I would prefer to receive these emails off list, unless others are also
interested in this information.  If that is the case I will send the
information I get, back to the list.

Thank you,

Dan Weber
dan.b.weber at gmail.com