[TriLUG] Cable modem + firewall + router

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Tue Nov 17 13:29:40 EST 2009

At 7:52am -0500 Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> AT&T has been deployed in my neighborhood since sometime this summer I
> believe. AT&T rep comes to the house every month trying to sell us a
> triple play. And every month we show him the rate that we have
> negotiated with TW. He says "I can't come close to that" and we send him
> on his way.
>
> The best AT&T price is roughly 50% higher than the best TW price right
> now, which is something up with which I will not put.

Right there with you.  They've been heavily advertising in my
neighborhood for the past couple of months.  So I called them up and
asked what they could offer me.  The only thing I want or need is
internet, yet they won't offer that at anywhere near the price and speed
that TWC does.

I asked "Can you offer me 10 down and 1 up for $45 or better?  TWC
does."  ... pause ... "I can't offer anything like that."

"Thank you for your time.  Goodbye."

Kevin