[TriLUG] posting to trilug vs linuxquestions.org

Jason Herr hobie at mail.com
Sun Nov 22 21:12:34 EST 2009

One of the advantages of a local group is gained with time and exposure.
  Once you grow accustomed to the members and see who has knowledge and
who doesn't you get metadata for your answers.  This is more difficult
to glean from a larger more geographically diverse group.  Plus, you can
go meet your answerer and get all the little nuances to their answer at
the next Trilug or over a beer/coffee/vinegar-based barbecue.

That said, if the lug doesn't know, post it up with the larger group and
follow up your own thread.  The rest of us might not be working with
mythbuntu or asterisk or virtualization or...   But each of us might be
eventually, and we all can use search.