[TriLUG] Disk subsystem recommendations

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:41:23 EST 2009

Clay,

Thats quite a diffenret idea on your propposed settup and has some merrit to
consider. My initial knee jerk is to say bad idea, your splitting your
avaialable resourses.  one thing to consider when deciding.  How much IO do
your VM's use individually?  if one never uses more than 20% of the IO of
your hard drive, you are wasting resouses that the other VM could use.

Something to look into which I will be doing soon as well.  VMWare released
a free version which allows you to divy up your resources per VM with no
overlap.