[TriLUG] Disk subsystem recommendations

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:56:19 EST 2009

In my experience, the spindle/head issue pretty much goes away using SSDs.  In addition, the Intel SSDs have the best IOPS of any consumer-grade SSDs (at least, according to my research).  I have personally tested the Intel SSDs using IOMeter and saw +20,000 IOPS using 512K reads - per drive.  Very fast indeed...

-Ron