[TriLUG] Time Warner price increase

magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri Dec 4 12:56:57 EST 2009

dsandif wrote:
> Not so much a tangent me thinks, eh?, I think its loong over due that
> folks in the triangle area start seriously looking at this option,
> especially now during these times when despite the economic down turn
> we're dealing with, some companies still prefer to stick it to their
> clientèle as  opposed  to working with them, but then I guess business
> is still just business and we geeks are just splitting  hairs every
> time something like this happens...
The last mile is where it's at, and you cannot depend on the major
players of broadband to deliver this. Of course, they effectively can
block any startup from establishing an effective last mile network.

The government isn't an effective or efficient entity to make this
happen. But they *can* effectively remove many legal barriers to a
deployment effort.

I remain very interested in seeing something like this happen. But I
just can't bring myself to ever join anything on Google Groups again.