[TriLUG] Time Warner price increase

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:00:23 EST 2009

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> It was only after TWC refused to roll out fibre that Wilson stepped in. That was a
> mistake TWC is unlikely to repeat, in the sense that they have now
> repeatedly lobied for new state laws that would make it impossible for
> other municipalities to do what Wilson did.

Cristobal, you are correct that TWC is unlikely to repeat this mistake,
however the biggest result would likely be a dramatic drop in prices for
Triangle customers should any local municipality begin making serious
noise about following in Wilson's footsteps.

It may not bring fiber to my home, but bringing prices down to
reasonable levels would make for a happy ending in my opinion.

Cheers,
--
Mark Turner
www.markturner.net