[TriLUG] Minimal Red Hat Install

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:34:36 EST 2009

If you mean 4.x you have a minimal checkbox available in the GUI installer
(can't recall if the TUI has one).

If you mean 5.x there is no minimal option in the TUI and in the GUI you
just deselect all and choose to something like customize options now and
continue to deselect all items in each category.  I did this successfully
using only CD 1 of 6 for 5.4 just a couple days ago.  It is very minimal.
Things like mlocate aren't even included... but hey, that's what yum is
for.  SELinux is enabled by default, no GUI option to select otherwise.  I
think this is also true for iptables.

David McDowell