[TriLUG] OT: Office Space

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 16:14:21 EST 2009

Tarus Balog wrote:
> Gang:
>
> I need to lease about 600-700 feet of office space and I'd like it to be
> somewhere off of Hwy 64 in Apex/Cary, preferably near Hwy 55 but
> anywhere up to MacGregor.

FeatureTel was trying to lease their old space, but i think that was in
the 1200 sf range.

> Also, are modern office buildings computer and network friendly? In
> other words, do they actually have CAT5 drops built in and perhaps a
> small room or closet with its own AC for servers and other equipment? If
> not, what are solutions for hosting about one rack's worth of equipment
> in a quiet and climate controlled manner?

Recent buildings should be wired for voice/data.  As far as a closet
with A/C, that's less standard.  I'd pretty much bet on the 'closet'
part, but separate A/C is a stretch and would probably have to be
installed by you.