[TriLUG] Infragard meeting

Clay Stuckey claystuckey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 10:31:24 EST 2009

Which building/room at Cisco?

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org] On Behalf
Of Alan Porter
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 10:23 AM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
Subject: [TriLUG] Infragard meeting

Some TriLUG folks might be interested in this meeting coming up... the topic

this time is bots and phishing.

---

Eastern Carolina Infragard Chapter Meeting:  Our next scheduled meeting is
Wednesday, December 16th at Cisco Systems (7025 Kit Creek Rd, Morrisville,
NC. Creekside Building #5) from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.  This is an open meeting
for members and guests.  Lunch can be purchased from the Cisco Cafeteria
before the meeting.

IMPORTANT:  At the beginning of the meeting we will be having a general
election to elect two board members to the Eastern Carolina Executive Board
(voting is restricted to members only).

Our speaker will be Mr. Patrick Cain.  Mr. Cain is a Research Fellow of the
Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG), and the President of The Cooper-Cain
Group, Inc, a computer and Internet security consultancy.  He has been
associated with information security development and operations for over
twenty years. He was previously the Security Advocate in the Office of the
Chief Technology Officer, at Genuity Inc., a large Internet Service
Provider.  He is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), a Certified

Information System Manager (CISM), a member of the International Association

of Privacy Professions, and an associate member of the American Bar
Association. Mr. Cain participated in the FSTC Counter-Phishing project, is
a research member of the Anti-Phishing Working Group, and currently leads
the effort in the IETF to standardize phishing and electronic crime reports.

He has been co-chair of some IETF Working Groups, participated in a US White

House working group identifying and addressing the vulnerabilities of the
Internet, and has served on a United Nations Experts Panel on Identity
Theft.

The Cooper-Cain Group, Inc, (www.coopercain.com) is a Boston-based computer
and Internet security consultancy founded by Internet ISP veterans Kelly J.
Cooper and Patrick Cain. The Cooper-Cain Group provides auditing, risk
assessments, technical assistance, policy authoring, and incident response
guidance to Universities, ISPs, financial institutions and other large
organizations.

Mr. Cain will be conducting some live demonstrations for us which should
translate into a very interactive and informative presentation.

We will begin very promptly at 1:00 and move quickly through the election
(voting is restricted to members only).

PLEASE register on-line at our website www.ncinfragard.org . Cisco provides
us with an outstanding facility to have our meetings and by you registering
early, it allows the security staff the ability to print your campus guest
pass and have it waiting on you when you arrive.  It also allows them to
know who is on their campus.  Please help us by registering on-line early.