[TriLUG] Data Recovery

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Tue Dec 8 11:00:08 EST 2009

There is no way you are going to successfully move the platters from one hard drive to another. Do not even attempt that. Only a highly qualified (very expensive) data recovery company should even attempt that and then only as the very LAST resort. The very first thing to try is installing the HDD in another compatible laptop and see if the drive is recognized. I have had the HDD data channel go out on occasion and that is on the motherboard not the drive itself.

Was your laptop dropped?

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both