[TriLUG] Google Wave and the sound of crickets

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Tue Dec 8 15:54:21 EST 2009

Christopher L Merrill wrote:
> Justis Peters wrote:
>> The primary problem is that nobody is in the habit of checking Google
>> Wave and it doesn't come with a default "notifier", "system tray
>> icon", or "toaster pop-up". There are a few third-party options out
>> there, though. If you can convince a handful of your friends to
>> install one of them, your little corner of Wave will at least be
>> noisier than the crickets now and then.
> Another alternative is to add the
>   wave-email-notifications at appspot.com
> bot to the wave:
>
> http://go-wave.net/2009/10/robot-notify-subscribe-to-google-wave-changes-via-email/

Thanks, Chris! That could be a great solution, particularly for getting
friends and coworkers hooked in on a "first wave experience".

I also stumbled across the "waveboard" project, which may be of use to
Mac OS X users. They're also working on an iPhone app:
http://www.getwaveboard.com/
http://mashable.com/2009/10/19/waveboard/

Kind regards,
Justis