[TriLUG] Automated Ubuntu VM Installs

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Mon Dec 21 17:34:17 EST 2009

I'm looking for an easy way to create push-button Ubuntu virtual
machines.

I'm  aware of ubuntu-vm-builder, which would solve all of my problems,
but I'm running a RHEL host/dev environment so it's out of my reach..
at least I think (RHEL 5 is python 2.4 dependent as far as I can tell).

So I'm about to create an Unbutu VM to create more Ubuntu VMs, or
consider dual-booting my dev box or my workstation (currently a MBP).
Are there any other options?

I've been looking at mixing virt-install with preseeding and custom
ISO building, but I'm already starting to pull out what little hair I
have left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JJ