[TriLUG] New TimeWarner speed increase?

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Wed Dec 30 10:14:52 EST 2009

...probably TW's "powerboost" crap. Increase of download speed for the first 30-ish seconds, then you're back at your cap.

Called TW the other day to inquire about supportability for the SB6120 (Motorola SURFboard eXtreme Broadband Cable Modem).

◦Blazing-fast 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet connectivity
◦Supports IPv4 and IPv6
◦Data speeds of more than 100 Mbps
For both upstream and downstream channels, with speeds up to 150 Mbps (as supported by your cable service provider).
Integrated DOCSIS 3.0 technology
Backwards compatible with existing DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 systems.

I have TW for my voice (currently trying to find a good alternative that's easy enough to maintain my non-technical .wife is able to handle maintenance on it). Unfortunately, if you have a TW voice cable modem, then you're SOL ...the voice equivalent of this is not supported yet (at least that's what they told me).

Eric