[TriLUG] Consumer-grade dual-home Internet connection options

Mike Seda maseda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:51:36 EST 2009

I recommend purchasing a Netgear FVS336G dual-WAN firewall
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122213).

I have tried the Cisco RV042
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124160) in the
past, but couldn't get the second WAN port to come up. It was a
nightmare... RMA'd it. :-(

The Netgear FVS336G just worked though. And the configuration was simple.

BTW, my two WAN connections consisted of one 10M x 512K TW Cable
connection and one 7M x 768K Verizon DSL connection.