[TriLUG] Linux/kid friendly game websites?

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:14:48 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if there was anyone out there that knew of some
Linux/kid friendly web sites that I might not know of that they might
what to share?  Sites that I know about are:

http://www.primarygames.com/  <-- nice feature here is that they point
out link requirements, i.e. java, flash, shockwave
http://www.maxgames.com/
http://funnygames.nl/  <-- a lot of games similar to maxgames but main
website language is in Dutch, although games themselves are in English

The following are okay but require you buy something or charge a
monthly fee for access to all areas:

http://www.webkinz.com/
http://www.clubpenguin.com/

Examples of sites that have a Windows requirements are:

http://www.chaoticgame.com/
http://www.wizard101.com/
http://www.freerealms.com/

Yes - I'm familiar with the non-online games like Supertux, Frozen
Bubble, Wesnoth, etc.  My kids have been playing these for years now.
And yes I have ran some stuff via Wine/VMware but success varies
greatly on the game and my machine.

Thanks,

Mike
---
Rorschach: By the way, you need a stronger lock. That new one broke
after one shove. - Watchmen