[TriLUG] centralized logging

Paul G. Szabady paul at thyservice.com
Wed Jan 13 22:34:19 EST 2010

Josh,

We use a combo of your standard syslog (soon to be syslog-ng) and splunk
(http://www.splunk.com/).  The latter is great for giving different
groups of people (ie: sysadmin, developers, managers)  access to certain
logs, tracking issues through complex load balanced systems, pretty
reports for manager types, etc.  They even have (or had recently) a
fully functionally download for free.  Of course, the licensing is based
on the amount of data you gather, so the freebie version is/was limited
by the amount of data and your retention policy, etc.

--
Paul
@ Thy Service