[TriLUG] using sshd tunnelling for dns request

lownox at nc.rr.com lownox at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 27 17:47:17 EST 2010

In Firefox's about:config menu he can set DNS look up to remote=true.

I SSH from work to home linux server using putty on windows and have firefox proxy set to local host on port 443... and use remote DNS lookup this way.  It gets me around the web filter and the remote dns keeps them from seeing my domain lookups too. (yeah, I know)

Maybe this will help... maybe not.  I'm no pro.

Steve